Get out there, rain or shine. Here’s our favorite Roxy Athlete recommended workouts and a post-workout treat to get outside and enjoy the day, no matter what the weather:
1. Climbing under a roof when it’s raining so I can see the waterfalls – Roxy Outdoor Fitness Rock Climber, Sierra Blair-Coyle.
2. Surfing in the rain is the best because it’s less crowded and I get to use my new Roxy Outdoor Fitness wetsuits. I love breaking out the new suits each season – Roxy Pro Surfer, Rosy Hodge
3. SUP Yoga in the rain to be completely surrounded by water above and beneath – Roxy Outdoor Fitness Athlete, SUP Yoga instructor and owner of Paddle into Fitness, Gillian Gibree
4. Downwind paddling in the rain to feel the drops against my back. – Gillian Gibree
5. Running on the street after a good rain, I love the smell of rain on asphalt – Pro Surfer, Sally Fitzgibbons
6. Mountain biking in the rain because the dirt gets sticky and smooth. I can hold my line better in critical turns – Roxy Outdoor Fitness Mountain Biker, Karin Kendrick
After your wintery workout, recover and warm up with our all-natural Ginger Mint Tea:
- Grab a handful of fresh mint leaves. Mint is one of the oldest and most popular herbs grown around the world. Its sweet flavor and cooling after sensation also soothes and cleanses the digestive tract, eliminates toxins, reduces blemishes, and keeps your breath nice and fresh!
- Grate about a teaspoon of fresh ginger. From the ancient Chinese to the Romans, ginger has been used for thousands of years to aid digestion and act as an anti-inflammatory. Perfect for a post-workout zing! Try a bath soak with ginger for those achy muscles, cramp prevention, and to soothe your cranky winter skin.
- Just a spoonful of honey…The benefits of honey go beyond its blissfully sweet taste. Honey is known for instantly boosting performance, endurance, and reducing muscle fatigue. Its also a perfect “pick-me-up on a spoon” when you pack it for that extra mile!
- Combine all the ingredients and boil in a full tea kettle.- Drink hot after a chilly workout, or ice it for refreshing hydration. Feel free to add sliced lemon for extra tang! (Lemons are perfect for that immunity boost in the winter, and cleanse the liver for a great detox boost!
Be The First To Know - Get 15%
Subscribe to get all the latest ROXY news and exclusive offers.